This page contains links to other websites that may not be affiliated with York County. If you use these links, you may leave this website. York County takes no responsibility for and exercises no control over the content on these other websites.
- Medicare.gov The Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare. Compare and enroll in drug and health plans, information regarding Medicare.
- MyMedicare.gov Medicare's free, secure online service for accessing personalized information regarding Medicare benefits and services.
- Medicare Interactive is the Medicare Rights Center's free online resource. You can learn about general areas of Medicare or search for specific topics that may benefit people with disabilities or people over the age of 65, including specific answers listed below.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) This is a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) that administers the Medicare program and works in partnership with state governments to administer Medicaid, and health insurance portability standards.
- Nebraska Medicaid Program
- ACCESSNebraska Portal to the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services; complete an online application.
Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) Links:
Senior Tax Links:
Homestead Exemption Links:
Money for Seniors Links:
Fraud & Abuse Links:
Nutrition Education Links:
Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Links:
Suicide Prevention Lifeline: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis. If you need help, please dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255). You will be routed to the closest possible crisis center in your area. With more than 130 crisis centers across the country, our mission is to provide immediate assistance to anyone seeking mental health services. Call for yourself, or someone you care about. Your call is free and confidential.
Healthy Aging Links:
Caregiver Support Links
- National Family Caregivers Association The National Family Caregivers Association educates, supports, empowers and speaks up for the more than 50 million Americans who care for loved ones with a chronic illness or disability or the frailties of old age.
- National Alliance for Caregiving. Reviews of more than 1,000 books, videos, Web sites and links.
- The Caregiver Connection Wisc
- Home Health Compare
- Family Caregiving
- Topics to Discuss Now with Your Aging Parents
- Family Caregiver Alliance. Offers tips on a wide range of topics, including how to hire help, hold a family meeting, balance work and caregiving, find important papers, and decide whether parents should move in with an adult child.
- Strength for Caring. A site for family caregivers from Johnson & Johnson with original articles written by experts and how-to materials.
- Caring from a Distance
- Long-Distance Caregivers Handbook from the Family Caregiver Alliance (PDF)
- Long-Distance Caregiving from the U.S. National Institute on Aging
Senior Housing Links:
Federal Agencies Links: