Board of Commissioners
The powers of the County as a political body are carried out by the County Board as follows:
- Oversees all County funds and County business.
- Manages all County roads and right-of-ways and maintains a comprehensive One and Six Year Road Program.
- Examines all accounts, receipts and expenditures.
- Created our Planning Commission to make, adopt, amend, extend and implement our Comprehensive Development Plan and adopted our zoning rules and regulations.
- Annually levies and collects taxes.
- Provides suitable courthouse, jail and other necessary County buildings.
- Has the power to sell, convey, exchange or lease any real or personal estate owned by the County and is involved in all County real estate transactions.
One and Six Year 2016 Annual Report