York County Marriage License Requirements
- Fee of $25.00 in cash or check or by credit card
- Both applicants need to be present
- Proof of identity: A current Driver's License, Photo ID or Passport
- If the information provided (passport) is not in the English language, it must be transcribed into the English language by a NEBRASKA CERTIFIED INTERPRETER
- Applicants must verbally supply Social Security numbers. If applicant does not possess a Social Security Card, a waiver must be completed
- License is good for (1) one year from the date it is issued and valid anywhere in the State of Nebraska
- Applicants must supply the names of their parents (including mother's maiden name), and their parents birthplace (city and state)
- If applicant(s) has been previously married, you must provide how the marriage ended (death, dissolution or annulment). Court date or date of death is required. If your divorce is in the State of Nebraska, there is a waiting period of six months and one day after it is granted by the Judge.
- If either applicant is not of legal age (19), a notarized consent form must be signed by the legal guardian giving consent to the marriage. If the applicant is under 17 years of age, a license cannot be issued in the State of Nebraska
- Please allow approximately 30 minutes to process the application
- To be married by the County Judge you will need to call the County Court at 402-362-4925 to schedule an appointment
YORK COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE
510 LINCOLN AVE.
YORK, NE 68467
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.