Important Things to Remember
- Protest forms can be filed in the York County Clerk's Office JUNE 1 through JULY 1 of each calendar year.
- Forms must be received or post marked on or before July 1st. (If July 1st falls on a weekend, then the following Monday is the cut off day)
- Please fill out the protest form completely. Be sure to retain a copy for your records.
- You do not need to fill out any information below the signature line. The protest number and filed date will be completed by the Clerk's Office.
- *You are strongly encouraged to contact the Assessor's Office (402 362-4926) and review the information on file which sets the value for your property.
YOUR FORM MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Real property description (including Lot, Block, Addition, Location Address, Section, Township, Range and County);
- Reason(s) for requested valuation change;
- Signature and date.
- Supporting documentation may also be submitted with your protest form.
- If you wish to personally come before the Board to present evidence regarding your protest, please indicate so. You will be called to set a date and time for your hearing. Hearings are held in the County Commissioners Room, lower level at 510 Lincoln Ave., York, NE.
- If you choose to waive your right to a hearing, please include a note to that effect.
If you have questions regarding the protest process, please contact the County Clerk's Office.
York County Clerk
510 Lincoln Ave.
York, NE 68467
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday