York County Treasurer Driver's License FAQs

Where can I find drivers license offices?
York County has examiners every Thursday and Friday from 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:30 (except on holidays).  You can visit an examiner in any county; you do not have to go to your home county. Click here for the DMV »

How much does it cost for Drivers License, Permit & Identification Card fees?
State of Nebraska License, Permit & State Identification Card Fees - Click here to download PDF »

I have moved to Nebraska from another state.  How long do I have before I need to get a Nebraska Drivers License?
You are required by State law to obtain a Nebraska Drivers License within 30 days of moving in to the state unless you are considered a student.

My address has changed, or my name has changed, what do I do?
An address change would require you to surrender your current license or ID card, fill out an application, and pay the appropriate replacement fee of $13.50.  You will also need to provide 2 forms of address verification with the NEW address on them.
The procedure is the same for a name change, except you must also provide us with the legal certified proof of the name change, e.g. marriage license, divorce decree, court documents, etc.

What if I'm having problems getting my Drivers License renewed online?
You need to be over 21 years of age & under the age of 72, and your address must be the same as your current license to renew your Drivers License online.  The online Drivers License Programs all go through the State Department of Motor Vehicles.  (402) 471-3861

I have received my temporary paper Drivers License, however the original copy has not yet arrived and it has been more than 30 days.  What should I do?
Call (402) 471-3861

When obtaining Learner's Permits, all Drivers Licenses, and State ID cards, you must be able to confirm your current address by providing 2 proofs of physical address.  What is acceptable?

Acceptable proofs of address - Download PDF »