York County Treasurer Real Estate FAQ

When should I receive my tax bill?
Tax payers should receive their real estate and personal property tax statements for the current year by the middle part of December.

What should I do if I don't receive a tax bill?
Please contact the York County Treasurer's Office at (402) 362-4929 so we can send a duplicate statement and verify billing information.  Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the obligation to pay taxes and if delinquent, applicable interest, penalties and fees.

What if my mortgage company pays my real estate taxes & I receive a tax bill?
State law requireds that the notice be mailed to the property owner.  Most mortgage companies get their tax information from a private tax service or directly from York County.

What do I do if my address has changed?
Please call the York County Treasurer's Office at (402) 362-4929 or e-mail

What is the interest rate charged on delinquent taxes?
The interest rate is 14% annually.

How do I find the value on my Property?
If you want the value of your property, you need to contact the County Assessor.

When are my real estate taxes due & delinquent?
* If you miss the May 1st deadline or the September 1st deadline interest will be charged.


General Payment/ePay Questions

Where can I pay my real estate & personal property taxes?
You may pay your property taxes at the Treasurer's Office located at:

York County Treasurer
510 N Lincoln Ave
York NE 68467

Office Hours M-F 8:00-5:00
(402) 362-4929

You can also pay your taxes online through our website. Make an online payment now »

Can I pay my taxes online by Credit Card?
Yes.  There is a 2.49% processing fee when using Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express. 

Why do I have to pay a processing fee?
The York County Treasurer's Office uses the option of credit card payments as an optional service to the taxpayer.  We cannot adjust the taxes to include the fee, therefore the fee must be charged separately.  The fee is remitted to a third party Vendor, not York County.

Walk-In & Mail Payments

What types of payments are accepted by mail?
Personal checks, money orders, and cashier checks are acceptable mail payments.  Do not send cash in the mail.

What types of payments are accepted for walk-in payments?
Cash, personal checks, money orders, cashiers checks, and credit cards are accepted for walk-in payments.

Where can I mail my tax payments?

York County Treasurer
510 N Lincoln Ave
York, NE 68467