York County Noxious Weed Superintendent
York County Noxious Weed
722 E. 25th Street
York, NE 68467
Phone (402) 362-0506
Fax (402) 362-5574
The county's weed superintendent duties include:
- Being certified, in writing, by the Nebraska Department of Agriculture as a commercial applicator.
- Examining all lands under the jurisdiction of the control authority to determine if the Noxious Weed Control Act and the rules and regulations are being complied with.
- Compiling infestation data and other reports as the Director of Agriculture or control authority may require.
- Supervising and carrying out the coordinated control program within the county.
- Completing 20 hours of continuing education, annually.
- Ascertaining and preparing information required by the county board for preparation of the county budget.